Friday, September 30, 2005

Dog flu and other new things to worry about

Dog flu is sweeping the media. I've been aware of the problem at greyhound tracks* but the incursion into the general population is new news. So, now I worry. Do I:
  • Keep the dogs away from the dog run and other mixing and a-mingling opportunities with fellow canines
  • Wear special clothes when I volunteer at the shelter, and discard them afterwards?
  • Not volunteer at the shelter or for pet therapy visits at all?

Dave and I need to work out a plan. I do know this: If either Angel or Zoe as much as clear their throats, they're going to the vet!

Add this to the House trying to cut the guts out of the Endangered Species Act, 100 deaths in Iraq in 24 hours, and continued lying, pandering, distorting, and cheating by our elected and non-elected officials, and there's too much to worry about.

We're going to a comedy club tonight. What one can't fix, one can forget about!

* may all greyhound tracks be closed down and the dogs adopted into good homes

1 comment:

Designer Ella said...

Great blog, here!